Experience and Skills:
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively at a level generally acquired through completion of a high school education in order to prepare reports and deal effectively with the public and staff.
- Knowledge of security, public safety measures, fire safety, and techniques at a level generally acquired during 6 to 12 months of on-the-job training and orientation in such techniques or college curriculum in Administration of Justice or related field.
4 years security experience.
Education, Licensure, Certifications:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Possess a valid Commonwealth of Virginia driver’s license
- Ability to obtain Public Official Bonding appointment and maintain same during employment
- Ability to obtain a Commonwealth of Virginia Concealed Weapons Permit and maintain same during employment
Conditions of Employment:
- Current Division of Motor Vehicles driving record, which is free of any moving violations within the past three years immediately preceding, or during employment with Protection Services.
- Work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays, as required.
- During off-duty hours, often on short notice, provide shift coverage in the absence of a scheduled employee and respond to emergency calls needing immediate attention.
- Reside within a 30-minute response time to the Museum is preferred.